The BioSB research school adheres to the Privacy Statement of DTL Projects because the activities of the BioSB research school are organised under DTL Projects as the legal entity.
We only store personal data that are required to deliver our services or to meet legal requirements. None of our servies have a commercial character; they all facilitate courses and other activities organised for the bioinformatics and systems biology research community in the Netherlands. As we are a network organisation, it is important for us to store contact data indefinitely (or until explicitly asked to delete it), so that we can re-contact persons in the future.
BioSB processes and stores contact details (e.g., names, email addresses, affiliations, postal addresses, and telephone numbers) and invoice details of its course participants, BioSB members, and principal investigators in the BioSB network. These data will only be used to deliver our services, which include organising courses and events, keeping you updated about our activities, or to meet legal requirements (invoice details). BioSB follows the GDPR guidelines to protect these data.
- We use Google Drive to store contact details and invoice details of course participants. These data will only be used for organising, invoicing, and communicating about the specific course for which a participant registered.
- The BioSB members list is used to contact the members about the latest developments concerning the research school and to ask for input on organisational matters. Communications with you can be stored in e-mail boxes of personnel at the DTL office. We can delete traces of communication with you upon explicit request.
We use secure connections (Secure Sockets Layer, SSL) to shield communication between you and our website. Please note that this privacy statement does not cover websites of third parties to which the BioSB website links. The BioSB website contains several contact forms and registration forms. These collect your data (usually your name, email address, and affiliation; sometimes job title, special dietary requirements, and some additional data) with the purpose of (re-)contacting you or organising courses.
Website: Google Analytics and cookies
The BioSB website uses Google Analytics (GA) to evaluate website statistics. The data retention time is set to 26 months. We have selected privacy-friendly Google Analytics settings according to the guidelines of the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (6 March 2018):
- We have signed a data processing agreement with Google.
- Your IP address is anonymised by masking the last octet.
- We have disabled all data sharing options.
- We do not use any other Google services in combination with the GA cookies.
Sharing with third parties
BioSB will only share your data with the following third parties:
- People involved in organising BioSB courses and events
- Pronamic (BioSB website)
- MailChimp (BioSB newsletter)
- Google (Google Analytics & Google Drive)
- Aanmelder.nl (Events registration)
To the best of our knowledge, these companies adhere to the GDPR. If applicable, BioSB, via DTL Projects, has signed a data processing agreement with these parties.