As of January 2018 the membership model of BioSB has changed. The new model is based on basic office support, a self-sustaining conference and courses and low membership fees. This also means that we no longer distinguish in conference and course fees between members and non-members. Membership fees are dropped to 25 euro per year exclusive VAT.
Members have the right to propose and vote for BioSB board candidates and other matters presented at the BioSB members meetings. Members can join the scientific and education committee and thereby influence the direction of the conference and course program and actively contribute to the Dutch Bioinformatics and Systems Biology community.
- BioSB membership fee is 25 euro exclusive of 21% VAT.
- You can become a member if you register for the BioSB conference.
- BioSB membership is for the duration of one year and will be automatically renewed each year.
- BioSB memberships can be terminated by providing a written notice to Femke Francissen no later than one month before the end of the year.
- Starting date of BioSB memberships is January 1st.
- You will receive several emails per year about issues where the board would like your input as a member or to inform you about new developments within the research school. If you do not want to receive these emails, please contact Femke Francissen.
If you would like to receive regular news updates, and updates about upcoming events, the BioSB conference and courses, please subscribe to the BioSB newsletter!
Course & conference fees
Course fees are set at 400, 600 and 900 euros (excl. 21% VAT) for a five-day course for PhD students, academics (PIs and postdocs) and industrial attendees. For shorter or longer courses, the fee will be adapted accordingly. Information about the conference fees can be found on the conference website.