On 26-31 August 2018, BioSB, ELIXIR-NL, LUMC, ELIXIR-BE, and VIB will organise the first Belgian-Dutch Transcriptomics Summer School in Leuven, Belgium. Applications are open!
This year there is not a separate BioSB RNAseq course but we have partnered up with VIB in Belgium to organise the course during a Summer School in Leuven, Belgium.
The Summer School is an unmissable learning opportunity for all life scientists that work with transcriptomics data. The course will address recent developments in transcriptome data analysis. Participants can analyse their own data during the course, under the supervision of expert trainers. This will provide the ultimate hands-on experience in Next Generation Sequencing data processing.
- Experimental Design
- Detection of Differential Gene Expression
- Variant Calling
- Illumina data only
- Single Cell RNA-Seq with 10X Genomics
- Bring Your Own Data Analysis
How do you apply? The participants will be selected based on a short description of the research question and motivation.
As of the 1st of March, applications are possible and must be submitted with the following information in PDF format to email@example.com. Application deadline is March 31st!
- description of your current research and data you want to analyse in the course (max. 1 page)
- description of your motivation for the course (max. 1 page)
- indication of level of experience in Linux, R (skills not compulsory)
This is a paying course. Please note that the registration fee of EUR 289.25 + 21 % VAT includes:
- all meals (lunch, refreshment breaks and one reception)
- course materials
- if necessary use of a computer at the venue throughout the course
You will receive feedback on the 25th of May 2018.
- Submit Application as of 1 March 2018
- Application close date 31 March 2018
- Evaluation period in April and May 2018
- Registration opens 25 May 2018
For more information, please visit http://www.vib.be/en/training/research-training/courses/Pages/Transcrptomics-and-Single-Cell-RNA-Seq-Analysis.aspx.