Registration is now open for the NGS RNA-seq data analysis course that will be held from 6-8 November 2017 in Leiden.
The BioSB research school and partner LUMC are organizing a 3-day course on RNA-seq data analysis. This is an advanced course for people with experience in NGS. The course will consist of lectures, Galaxy and R practicals and will cover the analysis pipelines for differential transcript expression and variant calling. Examples will be taken from human and mouse studies. The course does not cover prokaryotic RNA profiling nor plant- and metagenomics aspects.
- RNA-seq experimental approaches and study design
- Quality control and alignment
- Statistics for differential gene expression
- eQTL analysis and allele specific expression
- Single cell RNA sequencing
- Fusion transcript detection
- Small RNA profiling
- Software for RNA-seq data analysis
Participants for the RNA-seq course should preferably have participated in the general NGS course or otherwise have demonstrated hands-on experience with NGS data analysis. The course is aimed at PhD students and post-docs, but scientific programmers and data analysts with a background in biology and bioinformatics may also attend.