The full programme of the BioSB 2016 conference is now online. We are happy to announce that we again have an interesting programme to offer for our bioinformatics and systems biology community, with a set of international keynote speakers, parallel sessions offering the latest research updates in bioinformatics and systems biology, poster sessions and of course a lot of time for networking during the breaks and evening programme.
We invite all researchers, PhD students and MSc/BSc students with an interest in bioinformatics and systems biology to join us on April 19 and 20, 2016. Register now!
The Young Computational Biologists (YoungCB) organises a PhD retreat on April 18, the day preceding the conference. The retreat offers two international keynote speakers: Fiona Nielsen (Repositive) and Jonathan Karr (Icahn School of Medicine, New York) and a workshop organised by Fiona Nielsen about Genome sequencing projects around the world and how to find data for your research. Read more
Our keynote speakers:
- Daniel Huson: Professor of Algorithms in Bioinformatics, University of Tuebingen, Center for Bioinformatics (ZBIT), Department of Computer Science Germany
- Sander Tans: Groupleader, FOM-Institute for Atomic and Molecular Physics (AMOLF), Amsterdam
- Adriano Henney: Executive director of the VHP Institute (Virtual Physiological Human Institute for Integrative Biomedical Research), Leuven, Belgium – After Dinner Keynote Speaker (April 19)
- Mick Watson: Director of ARK-Genomics. The Roslin Institute, R(D)SVS, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Jonathan Karr: Fellow, Institute and Department for Genetics and Genomic Sciences Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York
The Dutch Bioinformatics and Systems Biology conference (BioSB 2016) is the yearly organised conference by the BioSB research school. The conference is planned on April 19 and 20, 2016 at Congrescentrum De Werelt in Lunteren. This year the conference is co-organised with the Wageningen UR.